Kelly Reynolds in the studio. Photo: Christopher Arblaster
Annual Studio Program
ACE Open invites ambitious South Australian artists working in any medium to apply for one of three fully supported studio spaces at its Adelaide CBD location. The free studios are available as part of ACE’s Annual Studio Program which will run from April 2019-April 2020.
The successful applicants will join the current Helpmann Academy and City of Adelaide studio residents as part of the 2019 Studio Program. The cohort will enjoy 24/7 studio access, and a series of professional development, profiling and promotional opportunities.
Studios will be awarded to outstanding applicants who display strength in both artistic merit and artistic courage, and who are due to engage in an active program of professional development and/or career opportunities over the next twelve months.
The ACE Open Annual Studio Program 2019 is supported by Ministry of Clouds and Anonymous x2.
The ACE Open studio program offers:
• Supported studios at ACE Open, provided from April 2019-April 2020. Studios are approximately 20m2 and feature 24/7 access, plus shared kitchen and breakout facilities. Utilities (electricity, internet, water) are included.
• Professional development opportunities including, but not limited to: studio visits with Australian and international curators, introductions to visiting artists, participation in public programs, and mentorship by ACE Open artistic staff.
• Profiling and promotion opportunities through ACE Open.
We encourage professional artists from South Australia working in any medium to apply to join our studio program.
• The successful applicants will be selected on the basis of artistic merit, artistic courage, and benefit to their practice over the next 12 months.
• Artists who will be studying full-time in 2019 are ineligible to apply.
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information please contact Vivian Cooper, Audience Engagement & Studio Manager, email@example.com or 8211 7505
Applications are due: Monday 11 March 2019, 11.59pm.